Tatum is currently recruiting for a Tax Director for a 25-year old CPA firm in town. The Tax Director will work closely with the firms' partners, as well as staff and clients, and will be responsible for planning, supervising, reviewing, and completing client engagements. The Tax Director will provide proactive tax savings and profitability suggestions for the clients, cultivate client relationships, and serve as a key contact for the firm's Tax clients in multiple states.
An opportunity to be a Partner in the firm will be offered to this person within 2-years. Currently and in the future, this position is and will be remote. The firm also has a corporate office in Las Vegas you can work from too. You also will manage a 3-person (Staff, Senior, and Manager) Tax team remotely. The opportunity is paying $100K - $140K plus a bonus ($10K - $25K), 401K 3% match, profit sharing and they cover around 80% of benefits.
location: Las Vegas, Nevada
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Review and manage the preparation of tax returns for businesses ($5M - $150M), a few high net worth individual clients, trust returns and the firm does not have or want any public companies as clients.
- Provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients - design, and implement tax-planning strategies for clients and manage to budget.
- Develop a vision and set challenging personal and client service team goals.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on tax projects and gauge performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Maintain knowledge on the changes in tax laws/regulations and industry trends
- Bachelor's degree is required. A Masters or MBA is a plus.
- Active CPA license.
- 5 to 10 years of progressive public or corporate tax experience is required.
- Experience with corporate, nonprofit, individuals, trust, and partnerships taxation is required.
- Ability to develop tax planning strategies for clients.
- Experience supervising, training, developing, and reviewing the work of staff and senior associates are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please apply or email your resume as an attachment to email@example.com
skills: Tax Research, TAX, Corporate Tax, Partnership Tax, Federal Tax, Sales & Use Tax, State & Local Tax, Multi-State Tax, Income Tax, Tax Planning, Trust & Estate Tax, Individual/Personal Tax Planning, Form 1041 - Fiduciary, Form 1120 - "C" Corporation, Form 1120S - "S" Corporation, Tax Supv/Mgmt, Form 1065 - Partnership, State and Local Compliance, Domestic Compliance, Tax Provision, State and Local Planning
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.