Tatum by Randstad is interviewing on behalf of one of its clients who is looking for a Senior Corporate Accountant. The company is based in Denver and has a good reputation for the success of its business and the organization's culture. This person will interface with several different groups within the company and be responsible for GAAP compliance and supporting the company's day-to-day processes in GL, cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable along with other projects as assigned.
location: Denver, Colorado
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
Additional duties are as follows:
- Assist in the preparation and review of the monthly consolidated and subsidiary GAAP financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Support the accurate and timely closing of ledgers on a monthly basis.
- Handle balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Research technical guidance on accounting and financial matters.
- Direct organization and filing of supporting documentation.
- Review, prepare and post journal entries.
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of detailed spreadsheets to support various journal entries.
- Work with internal departments and affiliated companies to ensure all related activity is recorded accurately and timely.
- Assist with internal and external audits and reviews of the financial statements, benefit plans, etc.
- Encourage and identify process improvement opportunities for areas of responsibility.
- Keep abreast of latest GAAP accounting guidance.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting, special projects or tasks as assigned.
qualifications: MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or Current Candidate.
- 3-7 years of accounting experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal with all levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred (from Big 4 Public firm)
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to be detail oriented, highly organized and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility in work assignments and a willingness to assume new responsibilities.
This role is NOT remote and will be in the office. Only local Denver candidates are being considered
Best way to reach me regarding this role is by email. firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.00/hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).