Exciting Opportunity to join an international privately held company with a rapid growth in Baltimore area. New open position within a Project Management team reporting to Financial Project Manager. The Project Finance Department oversees the financial performance of more than 20,000 projects on an annual basis acting as the business advisor to business operations, senior management, and executive leadership. Ideally a candidate from engineering, architecture, law firm, any consulting firm.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Start to end project administration including contract review, system set up, and ensuring accurate revenue recognition, billing, collections and project close out.
- Ownership of all project financial metrics including Revenue, Margin, Unbilled, AR, Backlog.
- Manage Month-End Close process for assigned projects including ensuring accuracy and compliance and driving results to reach department goals for Revenue, Margin, Unbilled & AR.
- Manage annual audit process for assigned projects.
- Review monthly results (Revenue, GM, Unbilled, AR, Backlog) with PMs, Operations Leadership, and Project Financial Managers providing high level analysis of performance.
- Lead the planning, documentation, and execution of department wide initiatives.
- Drive process improvement identifying pain points or inefficiencies, determining solutions, and leading the testing and implementation of those solutions.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to provide appropriate finance support when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of relevant experience ( revenue analyst, project accounting, auditor, etc. )
- Experience and understanding of revenue recognition principles
- Experience in reviewing the performance of project financials
- Excellent communication; both written and verbal
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand contract terms and conditions
- Strong analytical skills in evaluating project performance
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to manage specialized internal projects in Accounting/Finance
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint is preferred, but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.