100% Remote Tax Associate
100% remote role. Tatum by Randstad is working with a client in growth mode currently looking to expand their Phoenix, Arizona office. Our client is a small public accounting firm seeking a Staff Tax Associate. Candidates would travel to Phoenix several times a year during tax season in April as well as mid September.
They are currently seeking a detail-oriented tax professional to join the next generation of leaders. Their tax managers are advanced level staff educated and experienced in accounting, financial statement preparation, tax preparation, and tax law. They work with the firm's partners to manage business processes and goals, while providing exceptional client service and helping advance the firm's continued growth. The company will assist with relocation as well.
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
. Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
· Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, and other tax requirements.
· Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems
· Demonstrate a high level of technical proficiency and an understanding of business issues relating to complex transactions
· Conduct research on complex accounting and tax issues, and manage the research activities of assigned staff
· Identify meaningful trends or patterns in interactions, situations, and technical data that suggest potential problems or solutions
· Evaluate the costs, benefits, and risks of alternative solutions to clients' challenges and needs
· Manage engagement planning process, including budgeting, risk assessment, and strategic development
· Participate in tax planning
· Closely manage individual and team productivity, including realization, utilization, and engagement efficiencies
· Stay current on business, accounting, and tax developments, and articulate potential implications to clients and/or their businesses
· Prepare complex client correspondence, including recommendations, technical issues, proposals, etc.
· Build expertise in one or more specialized industries, while also effectively performing as a generalist
· Comprehend the operations, processes, and other aspects of clients' businesses and industries, including significant accounting and tax issues
· Look for value-add billing opportunities
· Engage in the billing and collection process
· Recognize value-added billing opportunities
· Work overtime throughout the year, particularly preceding and during months with tax deadlines
· Be knowledgeable of the firm's wide-range of services available to clients, identify cross-selling opportunities, and help grow the firm's practice and industry teams
· Develop and maintain strong business relationships with clients, financial officers, referral partners, business leaders, and other professionals
· Participate in networking, marketing, and business development events
· Join and be involved with professional and community organizations
· Generate new business opportunities while effectively managing personal workload
· Attend training on technical issues and tax law updates
· Direct and instruct all levels of staff accountants and take lead in client relationship management
· Supervise staff and manage workflows
· Lead staff professional training, perform staff reviews, and evaluate staff work product
· Encourage effective use of firm's tax and business software and technology
· Foster an environment of mentoring and team work
· Serve as a sounding board for staff to answer questions and address concerns
· Assist with the recruitment of new and experienced accounting staff
· Bachelor's in accounting or other relevant field required
· Public accounting experience would be ideal but not required.
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license ideal but not required. The company would help you obtain your CPA license.
· Must be in good standing with the Arizona State Board of Accountancy and eligible for AICPA membership (if local in Arizona)
Knowledge and Skills:
· Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
· Tax research databases, including BNA and RIA
· Tax compliance process software, including GoFileRoom, Ultra Tax, Fixed Assets, and other related products
Excellent skills regarding:
· Delegating work, when appropriate
· Analytics, research, and critical thinking
· Project management and client service
· Leadership and coaching
· Written and oral communication
· Work ethic and professionalism
· Attention to detail
Additional desired skills:
· Adept at recognizing issues and resolving problems quickly and effectively
· Self-starter with high energy and positive attitude who is able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Team-oriented and works well in a collaborative environment
If you've been thinking about relocating to a warmer climate (with lower taxes), this opportunity is for you.
Relocation available for the right candidate. If not, this position can be 100% remote for the right candidate. Candidates would travel to Phoenix several times a year during tax season in April as well as mid September.
For best results, please send resume to email@example.com
skills: $0-50 million
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.