QUALITY CONTROL CHEMIST
The Quality Control Analyst I performs testing and solution preparations, performs equipment & instrumental calibrations, communicates between departments when reporting results, and executes basic protocols as assigned by management. Analyst also samples raw material, finished goods, stability samples and additional samples as assigned.
- Performs the majority of wet chemistry test methods without supervision
- Prepares all solutions needed for testing
- Performs testing on stabilities
- Samples raw material, finished goods, stability samples and additional samples as assigned.
- Performs instrument & equipment calibrations/performance checks
- Performs tests using more complex instrumentation
- Performs testing on raw material, in-process, & finished good samples
- Documents all data in corresponding laboratory notebook and files documentation according to approved SOP
- Disposes of all chemicals safely
- Performs required testing pertaining to CAPA's, discrepancies, & laboratory investigations.
- Executes basic protocols, as assigned by management
- Reports necessary results to production supervisors, in a timely manner
- Performs daily laboratory maintenance
- Ensures that the required samples are sent for outside testing
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree in Life Science, Biology or a related field, an educational equivalent or approved and documented equivalent experience
- Copy of transcript and degree required
- Has a general understanding of chemistry, Minimum 90 Day GLP and cGMP experience
- Knowledge of/coursework taken in analytical chemistry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.