Pre-Analytical Services Coordinator Job Summary
Process study samples for storage, onward shipping or Laboratory Testing according to study requirements. Job Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- Route any samples intended for same day analysis to the lab in a timely manner.
- Execute quality control check and identification of incoming specimens.
- Remand samples with descrepancies into designated storage locations.
- Work directly with the client or study manager to resolve sample discrepancies.
- Prepare and package specimens requiring onward shipping to outside recipients for testing.
- Ensure that scheduled shipments are made as per sponsor requirements.
- Discard any samples when required.
- Review, action and close any ad-hoc requests assigned.
- Provide support to line management in any tasks applicable to the daily running of the department.
- Sort incoming specimens for testing, storage or onward shipping.
- Ensure that all shipments incoming and outgoing meet shipping regulatory requirements.
- Ensure specimen integrity by maintaining specimens at the proper temperature conditions and taking proactive steps to prevent temperature variance.
- Assist with routine freezer maintenance.
- Manage the specimen management requirements of higher complexity studies.
- All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
- Bachelors degree in science related field; 1 year direct post graduation experience with accessioning and sample qualifying
- Good working knowledge of relevant procedures
- Ability to liaise with internal departments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
- MUST SIT ONSITE
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.