Pre-Analytical Services Assistant Job Summary
Shift: Tuesday - Saturday, 8am - 4:30pm.
Assist in the kit receipt process for ambient and/or frozen specimens. Job Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- Assist with receipt of consignments and shipments.
- Assist with Visit Specific Kit (VSK) receipt, including opening of consignments and shipments.
- Check quality of patient information forms.
- Correctly dispose and/or recycle kit shipping supplies and ensure that specimens are not left in kit packaging.
- Assist with general clean up after kit opening including disposing of kit opening rubbish.
- Conduct secondary check of shipping materials
- Perform various administrative duties as required including checking of consignment notes, shipment tracking, and faxing, filing.
- As required, perform kit receipt and requisition QC checks.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Good working knowledge of relevant procedures
- Ability to liaise with internal departments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Extensive movement of packaging weighing up to 10 kg
- Standing for long periods of time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.