Manufacturing Associate Job Summary
Moderna is seeking a contract Manufacturing Associate for second shift RNA Operations. The position will initially be based in Cambridge, MA and will eventually transition to our new GMP Manufacturing facility in Norwood, Ma. The individual in this role will be responsible for production of mRNA for all constructs using custom automation, Hamilton liquid Handlers, HighRes systems, and chromatography solutions. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to quickly master new processes and the drive to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, and highly motivated team. They must have training in chromatography (UPLC/HPLC), liquid handlers, basic molecular biology techniques, and ability to work with custom automation. Job Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- Produce mRNA for preclinical targets
- Conduct mRNA purification using HPLC-based chromatography solutions
- Conduct in-process quality control assays to ensure mRNA are within specifications
- Utilize automated equipment to enable capacity and short turnaround time
- Promote inter- and intra-departmental communication to facilitate and maximize performance
- Strict adherence to current good manufacturing practices, standard operating procedures and manufacturing documentation.
- Establish and follow written procedures for the clear and accurate documentation of equipment operations and process instructions, and of process data.
- Practice safe work habits and adhere to the safety procedures and guidelines
- Utilize knowledge to improve operational efficiency
- Adhere to Pilot Plant gowning procedures and maintain a clean general operating area
- Adhere to documented waste handling procedures to respect environmental regulations.
Shift Information Second shift will be from 2:30pm to 10:30pm. | ?Sun - Thurs or Tues - Sat Benefits
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical engineering, Biomechanical engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical engineering, Biochemistry or related field, Associates with 2+ years related experience or 4+ years of related GMP experience
- Proven track record of success in a fast-paced production environment at a biotech/pharmaceutical company preferably in GMP or GLP preferred
- Ability to collaborate fluidly with peers, supervisors and cross functional support groups required
- Exceptional written, oral communication, and organizational skills required
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.