Job Description: The Compliance/Regulatory Specialist will ensure that all documentation related to product safety, legality, and quality systems is maintained in compliance, with government, customer, and third-party requirements. Maintains records of product quality for regulatory and company use. Promotes and supports company continuous improvement efforts and initiatives. Ensures that employees are compliant to plant and government regulations with emphasis on safety, sanitation and quality. As a key member of the plant quality team, the QA Specialist assists the plant quality manager in providing quality and food safety leadership to employees.
- Manage and control the document control program for the plant.
- Review, verify, file and maintain records relating to product safety, legality, and quality systems.
- Must maintain the requirements of third-party auditors and customer audits such as: BRC and customer audit requirements to ensure compliance.
- Internal Audit program owner: duties include conducting and scheduling internal audits of procedures used in all areas of the plant and issuing a completed report with corrective actions to relevant managers and supervisors.
- Conduct follow-ups with Managers and Supervisors to ensure that corrective actions to deviations are being completed in a timely manner
- Manage the plant's training program by coordinating the schedule, maintaining all records and databases, conducting new hire and annual training.
- Must update and maintain supplier documentation: supplier letters of continuing guarantee, supplier lot code verification and supplier food defense compliance letters. This will require phone, letter, and /or e-mail correspondence to various companies using good customer service skills.
- Coordinate and lead mock trace exercises.
- Member of the Food Safety / HACCP team.
- Manage the plant's annual calibration calendar and records.
Skills & Requirements
- Preferred candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Animal Science or a related field and HACCP accreditation.
- Quality Assurance experience, at least 3 years, in an FDA regulated environment which includes regulatory compliance, document control, food security and extensive experience in the implementation and auditing of GFSI and BRC standards.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customers service skills.
- Computer Skills. Including QMS, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Good judgment. Focus on detail and accuracy a must. Ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and dependable follow-up
- Strong organizational skills and ability to lead a team effort.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions to develop or modify system processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.