Job Title: QC Analytical Chemist
The primary purpose of the QC Analytical Chemist is to provide support to the Production and Formulations Departments by analyzing pharmaceutical and/or cleaning samples. Support will be provided by analyzing samples using various procedures including, but not limited to, internal procedures, specifications, and analytical methods; compendial monographs, client procedures, and miscellaneous protocols. The QC Analytical Chemist is expected to understand basic internal procedures, and conduct analyses with some supervision after training is complete.
In addition, support is provided by ensuring the essential job functions of this position are completed as part of the daily and/or weekly schedule.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures adherence to Company Standard Operating Procedures, analytical methods, protocols, company standards, and applicable regulations.
- Analyzes pharmaceutical or cleaning samples
- Ability to weigh samples, pipette, and prepare laboratory solutions
- Performs or assists with basic calibrations
- Maintains a cGMP laboratory notebook, data, forms, and/or logbook.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, organized QC laboratory.
- Lifts/carries objects weighing up to 55 lbs.
- Follows all cGMP practices, policies, and procedures.
- Follows all safety practices, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Experience with the use and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment desirable.
- Possesses good time management skills to complete assignments/projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, co-workers, and/or clients.