Scientist Job Summary
The candidate will be responsible of laboratory work, including protein (and antibody) design, expression, production, purification, conjugation, and analysis of optimized lead and backup protein development candidates. The responsibilities of this role include independent planning, designing and execution of scientific experiments, interpreting and presenting scientific data. This candidate will have project coordinator responsibilities for Protein Engineering Discovery Projects (internal or external) and will actively provide scientific expertise to Discovery and Development teams as needed.
Success in this role is measured by the ability to conduct literature research, to provide strategically relevant and scientifically reliable information that supports the Company's goals. A good candidate should have an excellent team oriented spirit that is demonstrated by working toward common business goals with fellow scientists, being flexible with assignments and adaptable to the changing needs of projects. This person must be self-motivating and hard-working. Attention to detail is required. Job Responsibilities
70% of Responsibilities
- Research Activities including experimental planning and direct laboratory activities, relevant and necessary literature review.
20% of Responsibilities
- Communication with supervisor regarding experimental designs and results.
- Communication with members of Discovery Biology and Discovery Therapeutics Departments.
- Helping of team members to succeed in scientific experiments.
- Consultation with outside experts and collaborators.
10% of Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- Report writing and record keeping.
- A Ph.D.in Life Sciences with emphasis on Molecular Biology or Cell Biology, and with five years of relevant working experiences.
- A Masters Degree with 7 years of industrial experience, or a Bachelors degree with 10 years of experience.
- Knowledge in Molecular cloning, cell expression, purification and protein analytics is required.
- Candidates should have experience in designing expression constructs for mammalian, baculo-virus or bacteria expression system, and high throughput screening of engineered proteins.
- Evaluation of HT samples may require biochemical methodology such as small scale purification, ELISA, octet, enzyme activity assay, caliper, HPLC, SDS-PAGE and Western blot analysis techniques.
- Capability in proposing experimental design and developing relevant scientific method to characterize recombinant proteins in vitro is required.
- Implementation of new technologies to suit the changing needs of the Discovery Projects is necessary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.