Position Title: Quality Technician
Ensuring raw materials, work-in-process, and finished goods are tested and approved with proper paperwork in a timely manner.
This is a food safety position.
The Responsibilities are:
- Inspects incoming and outgoing products to determine compliance with order specifications, company's quality control system for compliance with legal requirements, and shipping and packing facilities for conformity to specified standards.
- Inspects production lines and manufacturing for critical / process control points. Performs ATP and micro swabbing as specified.
- Inspects incoming and outbound trucks for conformance with quality standards; maintaining records of inspections
- Testing Raw Materials, Work-in-Process, and Finished Goods. Including but not limited to:
- Refractive Index
- Taste Prep and analysis
- Sodium Testing
- Salt and Acid
- Water Activity
- Moisture Analysis
- Notify appropriate personnel of quality status of raw materials, work-in-process, and finished goods.
- Checking Kosher status of raw materials, CoA, and all other paper work is maintained.
- Pulling raw material samples when they are received or pulling other samples for retesting or special projects.
- Submits samples of product to QA laboratory for testing as indicated by department procedures
- Manages micro and other third-party testing requests. Includes completion of work request, preparation of samples, and recording of results.
- Recordkeeping / maintaining retains for all Raw Materials, Intermediates, and Finished Goods
- Write SOP's as needed.
- Performs audits of manufacturing facility(s) including/but not limited to: Glass Inspections, Cooler Inspections, GMP audits of manufacturing and non-manufacturing areas, maintains records related to the inspections
- Perform all duties in a safe manner adhering to company safety rules and regulations
- Thoroughly understands material and equipment hazards and performs all duties in a safe manner using appropriate personal protective equipment.
- This role may be assigned to a second or third shift and have requirements to work on the weekends, as applicable.
This position reports to the Quality Manager. In periods of absence, the role is supported by peer Quality Technicians, Quality Manager, and other designees.
Key performance indicators:
This position contributes to the turnaround time for finished goods and work-in-process. It has an impact on customer complaints. It has influence to the Quality Budget.
Basic skills/ experience required on this position:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from a college or three to four years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job also requires knowledge of the following, instrumental analysis, chemical analysis, flavor analysis, sensory analysis, aptitude of computer programs, aptitude of good communication.
English is a primary language, other language skills are beneficial. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw/interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, licenses, and registrations
This area can be developed. Knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety, instrumentation proficiency is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position impact areas, inside and outside the organization:
This position works inter and intra departmentally. Areas of impact are Operations, Shipping and Receiving, Innovation, Facilities / Maintenance, Sanitation, Customer Service, Sales, and Quality.