Lab Scientist - Hiring manager wants to move FAST
Location: San Diego, CA
2 openings - Use Michelle Nguyen's profile
Willing to look at Junior or Senior
Long term temp. Potential to go perm.
Must have cell based assay experience, GMP and experience working in a lab.
Will be doing quite a bit of ordering, reagent tracking, organizing, lab chores on top of learning and running routine assays and being involved in troubleshooting.
AveXis is seeking a Lab Scientist to join the dynamic and growing analytical team to help establish analytical methods for process characterization and lot release of the clinical or commercial materials. The individual will collaborate closely with the internal R&D team to develop and optimize meaningful, next-generation cell-based potency and other functional assays in support of development and commercialization of new gene therapy medicines. The individual will be responsible for assay optimization and troubleshooting as well as for ensuring consistency of assay performance and cell culture work. The individual will play an important role in method qualification/validation and method transfer to internal and/or external QC laboratories. Responsibilities will also include execution of routine assays and supporting lab operation. Successful candidate will have experiences in tissue culture work and will be a fast-learner with passion for innovative technology and science.
- Optimize and troubleshoot cell based assays as well as other plate based assays using variety of platforms including but not limited to ELISA, MSD, and high-content imaging in support of developing release and characterization assays for gene therapy products. Thoroughly document optimization and trouble-shooting processes.
- Actively engage in planning and designing of assays/experiments and take ownership of assays/experiments one is performing by understanding the purpose, rigidly following through every step of execution, thoroughly analyzing data and ensuring the data quality.
- Maintain clean and fully functional cell culture area by implementing TC room policy and take ownership of on-going cultured cells by thoroughly documenting cell passage, morphology and behavior and routinely performing tests for contamination. In addition, create cell banks and oversee their inventory.
- Supporting the group leader, play an important role in qualifying and validating cell based assays. Help documenting assay development, qualification and validation processes as well as SOPs.
- Collaborate with R&D for knowledge transfer during assay development and work closely with QC for method transfer. Be actively involved (both as trainee and trainer) in cross-training of lab personnel.
- Perform experiments in support of assay development using a variety of techniques covering cell biology, biochemistry and molecular biology such as immunocytochemistry, western blot, qPCR, flow cytometry, and immunoprecipitation.
- Play a pivotal role in setting up state of the art analytical lab as one of the founding members by helping with instrument and vendor identification, tracking orders and by ensuring smooth operation of lab during this critical