Scientific Associate III
The Scientific Associate II will support the development, application, and validation of cell biology methods as well as other analytical methods and/or processes.
The candidate will be responsible for routine tissue culture maintenance of cells, preparing cell based assay reagents; maintaining adequate inventories of laboratory reagents, glassware, equipment, and other supplies; and preparing assay reagents. He/she must keep good electronic notebook records of all experiments, and is responsible for escorting scheduled maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment. He/she is also responsible for shipping, tracking, and maintaining concise records of shipping documents.
The candidate must have a strong level of commitment to teamwork; capable of learning new skills; high organizational skills; demonstrates basic technical skills including problem solving; attention to detail; willingness to complete assigned projects efficiently and reliably. Maintains a productive and collaborative laboratory environment consistent with regulatory and company expectations.
- Follows and completes detailed protocols when performing routine laboratory experiments using good laboratory and documentation practices. Enters data from scientific experiments.
- Maintains and organizes Cell Biology laboratory. Orders and stocks laboratory supplies, glassware and other laboratory materials.
- Completes training consistent with safety, technical, operational, process and regulatory requirements. Maintains training currency.
- Maintains a good and current knowledge of the scientific and technical literature pertinent to the job and necessary for development of analytical methods and acquisition of reasonable and necessary equipment.
- Maintain and complete all required documentation including logbooks, lab notebooks, and analysis records in a timely manner.
- Prepare methods, qualification reports, investigational report, validation protocol / investigation plan, and validation report as required.
- Participate and contribute at group and project meetings as required (e.g., prepare and present results and conclusions to project sub-teams).
- Obtain necessary chemical reagents, reference standards and other components from appropriate sources.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Perform all analytical activities per applicable safety guidelines, departmental guidelines, and cGMP requirements.
Education & Qualifications
- Demonstrate efforts to improve the standard of all aspects of scientific work by showing initiative and leadership in the laboratory, learning new techniques, demonstrating problem solving ability and attention to detail.
- Maintain current knowledge and skills in all facets of analytical sciences by keeping informed through reading the literature, attending related seminars, and presenting at department meetings when required.
- BS in Cell Biology or a related Biological Science field with minimum of 2 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with management, co-workers and customers and works well in a team effort
- Self-motivated and shows willingness to take on new approaches/technologies and additional responsibilities
- Once trained, ability to operate with minimal supervision.
- Articulates ideas in a clear, concise and persuasive manner
- Actively listens to and encourages input before taking action
- Consistently delivers on commitments and responds to customers' needs in a timely and courteous manner
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance