job summary: Research Associate I Job Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- Perform routine and semi-routine analysis of drug product formulations using chromatographic (reverse phase, size exclusion and Ion exchange HPLC), spectrophotometric (UV, CD, florescence), calorimetric (DSC, ITC), microscopy and standard wet chemistry techniques.
- Evaluate stability of various solid and liquid formulation prototypes using relevant assays
- Plan and execute experimental studies in an efficient manner to meet project goals and timelines
- Provide concise and quantitative analysis of data and interpretation of experimental results.
- Provide effective oral presentations at department and interdepartmental meetings
- Write experimental protocols and technical reports summarizing development work
- Maintain good and timely documentation of experiments
- Adhere to Good Laboratory Practices and SOPs
- B.S. or M.S in the Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Biophysical Chemistry or related discipline
- At least 2 years of relevant experience or minimal experience with Masters.
- Fully proficient in fundamental laboratory techniques and equipment
- Ability to efficiently plan, design and execute experiments under limited supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of analytical techniques-HPLCs, calorimetry, Karl Fischer, spectrophotometry, light scattering, Freeze Drying Microscopy, pH, Osmolality-used for drug product screening/characterization is preferred.
- Experience with formulation development activities (pH profiling, excipient/formulation prototype screening, compatibility evaluation of drug product with fill-finish processing materials and container closure components, managing stability programs) is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with lyophilization process/characterization of lyophilized drug products is preferred but not required.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
location: Novato, California
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 26 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.