BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - COMPANION DIAGNOSTICS (CDx) Position Summary and Overview
The individual will be responsible for generating, developing and delivering new revenue-generating collaborative development projects, utilizing Advanced Staining technologies, with key Pharma partners. She/he will provide analysis and evaluation of new business opportunities for Companion Diagnostics (CDx) projects and optimize the use of company resources (people, products, services, budgets). Working within the Pharma Partnerships team, she/he will provide solutions to customers which lead to long term profitable business Major Responsibilities
- Secure contracts with Pharma & biotech to meet revenue targets through collaboration with the cross functional teams involved in preparing proposals and statements of work for new CDx programs.
- Understand and effectively engage a wide range of internal and external functional areas including Legal, IP, Finance, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Operations, Sales & Marketing, Project Management and Alliance Management in order to develop and maintain effective companion diagnostic partnerships proposals and statements of work.
- Undertake background research on target customers for existing and future product portfolios as well as writing proposals in response to requests from customers
- Provide alliance management support for existing contracts.
- Analyze market opportunities for Pharmaceutical Companies and create strategies for new lines of business that will drive revenue growth and shareholder value
- Pre-empt Pharma barriers where development costs are funded through Pharma partners
- Maintain ongoing familiarity with healthcare market sectors and competing products/technologies
- Develop and implement marketing strategies in close collaboration with local affiliates
- Experience and broad knowledge of companion diagnostics development across all functional areas including the current regulatory landscape of companion diagnostics in various global regions.
- Proven track record in Business Development: at least 5 years developing, negotiating and securing high value deals or 10 years high level selling.
- Well-connected in Pharma & biotech at a decision maker level
- A solid foundation in histopathology an advantage
- Experience in formulating and successfully commercializing new business opportunities an advantage
- Compelling communications style, both verbal and written, appropriate to each situation, whether one-on-one or group presentations, from senior exec to C-suite level
- Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong customer service orientation with an ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment
- An ability to manage multiple deals at once with an eye towards cost, business opportunity and strategic value
- Good Documentation Practice (WI-294)
- Quality Management System (QP01)
- Bachelors degree in natural science or medicine: MBA or sales experience is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.