Microbiology Technician Job Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- Perform appropriate practices and procedures in line with standard operating procedures
- Maintain laboratory records in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice standards.
- Prepare media, reagents and glassware and process contaminated materials.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Manage hazardous waste disposal.
- Maintain, monitor and clean laboratory equipment as necessary.
- Operate autoclaves, pH meter, balance, purified water and mixing equipment.
- Maintain chemical inventory (CAPI).
- Review existing laboratory Standard Operating Procedures related to role.
- Formulation chemistry (home care product) following laboratory work according to safety and quality standard per SOP - desired
- Associates or technical degree with two years of experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Written communication skills for accurate data entry.
- Ability to display a degree of flexibility regarding changing project priorities.
- Knowledge with MSOffice Software applications.
- Knowledge with Excel and Word
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.