Clinical Education and Training Specialist Position Description
- Clinical Education and Training Specialists (CETS) are medical experts in clinical development and use of TMS therapy. This includes training of customers consistent with the labeled indication for use of the device, training of the Clinical Investigators to meet their specific protocol needs, as well as training of company staff.
- The CETS will work collaboratively with other departments, customers and researchers on the continued development of the therapy.
- With extensive medical device training experience, the team member will increase device utilization in the commercial and research environments through continually developing and executing new and innovative education strategies for our customers in order to ensure that the therapy becomes the Standard of Care for depressed patients in the psychiatric community. He/she will discuss with physicians patient selection, warnings and risks, as well as risk benefit analysis for treatment of patients who may not be within the indicated population. Scientific publications must be read regularly to be able to appropriately answer these questions.
- Develop and update Therapy training curriculum for staff and customers
- Provide on-call support for clinical training questions from customers, researchers and staff
- Provide content development and updates of the on-line self-study program
- Perform new customer training on the safe and proper use of the therapy system as needed
- Educate sales staff on the features and proper use of the Therapy
- Educate sales staff on the Therapy system to prepare them for training of customer staff, icluding safe and proper use of the system, as well as identifying patients. The CETS will also train sales training staff on the proper therapeutic technique to ensure safe and effective use, consistent with the Instructions for Use.
- Provide continual training and mentorship of sales training staff as well as annual observation of junior sales training staff customer trainings on the continued use of the system.
- Develop and provide outside US (OUS) customer/distributor training.
- Support clinical development and other research initiatives, including sponsored and Investigator Initiated Trial Programs. This includes but is not limited to understanding the research and face-to-face meetings with clinical researchers regarding the current and future studies.
- Conduct Regular reviews of published literature on existing and other indications of all TMS devices. Discuss the data with physicians to help determine risk benefit to the patient.
- Communicate customer ideas and knowledge of competitive trends to departments within the team.
- Collect initial Medical Event report information, conduct investigation, and provide clear and complete written documentation to assure compliance with the Regulatory Requirements.
- Represent company as an attendee and Medical Operations representative at regional/national courses, events and meetings. (e.g. APA, US Psychiatric Congress Meeting, CME course)
- Provide feedback to management on product performance and customer response to products
- Minimum BS in Nursing or Health Sciences.
- Travel by air, rail, auto (up to 4 days/week or up to 80% of time)
- Five (5) years of experience in the medical industry, demonstrating the following clinical abilities:
- Clinical teaching/in-servicing/training experience
- Clinical research experience
- Able to lead high-level clinical discussions with company staff and physician customers
- Able to supervise and mentor field clinical training staff
- Ability to communicate product and product related clinical information and evidence based outcomes clearly and concisely
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Evidence of strong collaborative and team leadership skills
- Demonstrated mastery of effective technical concepts, principles, and tools
- Cross-functional experiences in working with teams and/or leading and supporting sales and marketing teams
- Ability to train others on use of products and clinical applications
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize under pressure
- Ideal candidate will have TMS therapy experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.