Laboratory Analyst Job Summary
- Position's primary purpose is project support through particle characterization using various analytical equipment. Contractor will be proficient in a laboratory environment. Good communication, writing and problem solving skills are highly desired. Attention to detail and thorough documentation of results in electronic laboratory notebook is required. Flexibilty to perform additional laboratory tasks as assigned when not actively engaged in analytical testing.
Education & Qualifications
- Experience with analytical instrumentation technology such as light obscuration, Micro Flow Imaging and size distribution.
- Experience with testing/handling therapeutic biological molecules (proteins)
- Experience with HPLC, iCE and CGE is a plus
- Willingness to learn additional biochemical analytical techniques/instrumention as needed
- Evidence of ability to identify and solve problems, make decisions from limited alternatives, operate with autonomy
- Good understanding of fundamentals of formulation development is a plus
- Must conform to laboratory safety standards (lab safety training to be provided)
- Contractor will interact with other formulation scientists while supporting particulates and biochemical analysis for various studies.
- Minimum education level: BS in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Chemical Engineering/Pharmaceutical Sciences/Medical Lab Sciences
- Ability to work in a lab with biochemical or similar analytical instrumention
- Evidence of ability to identify and solve problems, making decisions from limited alternatives desirable
- Good understanding of particle characterization techniques such ad HIAC, MFI is a plus
- Technical writing and presentation skills
- Excellent pipetting skills
- Must be highly competent at making quantitative dilutions
- Must be competent at buffer formulation (weighing, dispensing, understanding of molarity and pH)
- Excellent visual acuity - Must not be color blind
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Eye protection, lab coat and gloves must be worn for extended periods of time
- Minimum years' experience: 2-4
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.