Development Engineer I Job Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- Applies principles of chemistry and engineering to solve problems involving the production or use of chemicals.
- The individual will be a member within a group responsible for performing upstream process development, including timely completion of small-scale experiments, scale-up, technology transfer and GMP floor support for programs that bring new biopharmaceutical products to pre-clinical, clinical and process validation manufacturing phases.
- Scope of work includes cell banking, cell expansion, bioreactor process, and harvest clarification process development, optimization, characterization, scale-up, and technology transfer to CMO's and/or internal manufacturing facilities.
- The individual applies basic knowledge from various technical areas, industry standards and practices, provides quality and productive output that is consistently timely, reliable and reproducible.
- The candidate must be customer focused, results oriented, science driven and embrace the client's values.
- BS (0-2+ years) in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering/Biological Sciences or related discipline with relevant industry experience or related course work in upstream process development.
- Proven record of technical proficiency and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated capacity to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.