Sr Project Manager Position Description
Project Manager GI DDU working on the GI Drug Discovery team, you will be empowered to manage the projects in early discovery stages and contribute to strengthening the GI drug pipeline for Company,, and a typical day will include:
Reporting to the VP, Projects and Operations in the GI DDU, this role will be responsible for project management of multiple projects across the GI DDU hybrid drug discovery model (externalized and internal research). This role will work to establish a robust project management infrastructure serving the global team. Candidates will be energetic, flexible, thorough, and responsive to form the backbone that drives a successful drug discovery group for GI.
- Ensure smooth project execution in collaboration with Scientific Project Leaders based in Boston, San Diego, Shonan (Japan) and Europe (Switzerland & UK)
- Develop highly collaborative cross-functional relationships within Company and outside with Company partners and service providers in support of GI DDU projects.
- Set up and implement solid project management infrastructure to support project execution covering reporting, project planning, documentation workflow, budgeting, and risk management.
- Act as the communication hub for monitoring and reporting of project issues, plans, budgets and resources.
- Ensure all elements of Scientific Plans and all components that will go into the future Asset Strategy are planned and prepared for each project
- Be fully engaged with the entire DDU team and make critical contributions to project operations to drive overall DDU performance
- Co-ordinate setting of project objectives and critical path timelines with Scientific Project leaders for projects assigned to this role
- Set project planning disciplines and deliver all planning work products required to manage GI DDU projects assigned to this role.
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings, including the creation and distribution of meeting agendas and minutes, and drive completion of action items. Ensure good meeting disciplines are continuously maintained (with supporting documentation) so that there is a clear logical record of events for each project or partnership.
- Develop and maintain project infrastructure - including library/repositories of data & actions, project Gantt Charts, and Budgets. Ensure data integrity to support accurate reporting and communications. Track progress against project plans and ensures project teams/stakeholders have the tools necessary to deliver assays/contracts/decisions etc
- Manage all project reporting and support implementation of Tableau system for project visibility and global dashboard. Manage stakeholder communication in support of project execution.
- Manage business operations for the GI DDU, partnering with internal and cross-functional resources within Finance, Legal, and other operations groups. Manage the GI DDU documentation workflow, ensuring that deliverables are provided on schedule.
- Coach and support Scientific Project Leaders to drive projects to stage gates and ensure KPIs are met. Highlight and resolve project risks and issues with project team.
- Liaise cross-functionally (Legal, Finance, Sourcing, HR, and across all scientific functions as necessary) to support good budgetary disciplines and adherence to contractual commitments.
- Devise and support continuous improvement activities for all project management processes.
- Structured thinker, strong organizational bias
- Core planning skills with high level of discipline and thorough attention to detail
- Confident communicator, utilizing tact and diplomacy up/down hierarchy and across matrix. Default orientation to collaboration and consensus
- Logical thinker with preference for analysis to support decisions and a good process orientation.
- Focus on results and ability to relate to bigger picture/departmental objectives.
- Self motivated and self directing to deliver the core responsibilities of the role and motivated to learn and expand skill-set beyond the scope of the role
- Solid financial knowledge of cost-based budgeting (internal and external costs)
- Solid presentation skills with competence in using PowerPoint, m/s project, and excel to above average proficiency. Good written skills via email/Word to communicate information succinctly.
- Sound scientific knowledge with Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Science or Management related discipline with 3-5 years experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry or research focused academic environment, with a demonstrable broad understanding of drug discovery & development practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Company Boston office based.
- Use of video/webex from home out of hours occasionally to link with global team for project meetings in differing timezones.
- Occasional travel to project team meetings may be required (San Diego/Shonan/Congresses) -LIMITED
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.