Bench Scientist I Job Summary
Education & Qualifications
- Worldwide Research and Development La Jolla, have an open position for a highly skilled research scientist in the Structural Biology and Protein Sciences (SBPS) Group within the Department of Oncology Medicinal Chemistry.
- Candidates who have demonstrated an ability to carry out high quality research to answer challenging and complex questions in structural biology are of particular interest.
- The successful candidate will have significant demonstrated expertise in protein sciences to enable challenging structural biology.
- The successful candidate will work independently and as part of teams ensuring that protein deliveries are fit for purpose (primarily X-ray crystallography, cryoEM and biochemical assay), establishing structure based drug design platforms and impacting projects at a strategic level. In addition to hands on experimental work, the position requires ensuring instrument functionality and maintenance.
- The ideal candidate will have a solid protein sciences background and possess significant expertise in all of the following areas: protein construct design, cloning (in multiple expression systems including E. coli and insect cells), expression, purification, characterization and crystallization. A working knowledge of protein characterization requirements for Cryo-EM analysis and X-ray crystallography would be helpful.
- Ideally, Ph.D. with some post-doctoral experience. However BS/MS with multi-year lab experience will be considered too.
(BS or MS accepted with 5 years lab experience) - lab exp can be acquired via school
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills which facilitate knowledge sharing and scientific discussions
- Ability to quickly and effectively operate, communicate and influence decision making within cross-functional and multi-disciplinary drug discovery teams
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.