Transformation Procurement Manager Position Description
The Procurement Transformation Project Manager provides project management and transformation leadership across a broad set of contracting activities. Key elements of the role include:
Performance and coordination of Ariba Contracts design and deployment activities. Working with the eSourcing and Contracts Leader, other Takeda Business Services Leadership team members and key business stakeholders to expand contracting best practices plus facilitate and deliver global deployment events in accordance with the transformation plan.
Management and coordination of activities to develop and deploy enabling procurement capabilities including best practices, tools and processes to support the efficient operation of the Takeda Business Services organization, leveraging best practice available within our Process and Systems capabilities
Create a program framework to implement all required changes in accordance with agreed timeline and budgets.
Design and implement contract management tools and processes necessary to develop contracting excellence and deliver sustainable benefits.
Responsibilities include input into strategic direction and translating project strategy into an efficient executable plan; predicting and planning solutions to achieve successful operational execution; driving the team to achieve clarity on issues and focus on effective contingencies; interfacing with management and influencing decision making; monitoring slippage and developing strategies to get back on plan working within the internal project governance framework.
The role will drive organizational change and implementation across contracting activities on a global basis. It will identify and drive innovative process improvements with significant organizational impact and may take on non-project initiative responsibilities. Position Responsibilities
- Ensure delivery of material and measurable business value for assigned projects and tasks through the application of rigorous project management, stakeholder engagement and procurement best practices relating to processes, tools, systems.
- Assigned projects will be in accordance with the role objectives
- Align with the Takeda Business Services Leaders to ensure that project management needs are being met and that project plans are clear and concise with key activities, milestones, accountabilities, dependencies and risks / mitigations clearly articulated.
- Resolve or escalate issues generated from the Procurement and Legal Teams or the wider procurement community to the appropriate Procurement Leadership Team member.
- Position carries people management responsibility for skilled and technical resource pool. This will require strong professional competency in Project Management, communication and leadership skills. It is essential that this position is seen as a credible leader and manager with senior stakeholders (Takeda Business Leadership Team, Legal Teams).
- Ariba Contracts Experience; Strong 7+ years Procurement experience
- Degree level educated, with business or computer sciences degree preferable
- 7+ years Procurement or Operations related experience delivering measurable value through enterprise cost reduction and global operational efficiency projects
- 7+ years of Project Management experience including risk management, project reporting, and delivering quantitative and qualitative results in complex and pressured environments
- Ability to articulate and establish processes and drive decision making
- Ability to influence and engage at senior leadership levels
- Expert proficiency Ariba Contracts and basic MS Office© software including experience in MS Power Point
- Excellent leadership, management and problem-solving capabilities
- Flexibility, tolerance and diplomacy to manage change and conflict
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate and prepare materials for management review
- Ability to work effectively across geographies and functions in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading and / or managing a competing priorities and projects in parallel
- Demonstrated facilitation skills supported by excellent interpersonal competencies (written & verbal communication, leadership, influencing)
- Up to 25% Travel
- Any Project Management (e.g. ISEB, Prince 2), professional purchasing (e.g. CIPS) or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous
- Experience with enterprise systems and procure to pay tools such as Ariba, SAP or Purchase Order technology is preferred
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. Contracts, Supplier Management, Sourcing) with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues is preferred
- Strong analytical experience including ability to drive insights from large and varied data sources, data visualization applications (e.g. Power BI) and database applications (e.g. Access)
- Post graduate business related qualification such as an MBA
- Life Sciences or Management Consulting industry experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.