We are looking for a Senior Research Associate and I wanted to know if you would be able to help us out. The role description is similar to the one we used for Hope, but we are looking for somebody with 5 years minimum of industry experience. Bachelor's or Master's is fine. Significant experience with ELISA, HPLC, and CLIA is key and some familiarity with LC/MS would be great. They will work closely with Xiaoyan and Hope, but should be very self-driven and independent. Their resume should show career progression with minimal job hopping and be able to demonstrate that they are a high achiever. Pay will range depending on their skill level and years of experience, but just a glance at Glassdoor tells me that we're probably looking at $70k for the average candidate with a few years of experience. POSITION SUMMARY
Seer Biosciences is seeking a Research Associate, Assay Development, who will implement and contribute to the design of biochemical experiments that support the development and operation of the company's assays. These assays form the foundation of breakthrough products and services in proteomic data, which Seer will provide to patients and clinicians. The Research Associate, Assay Development will report to the Senior Scientist of Assay Development. The specific assays developed for Seer will leverage nanoparticles, as well as the use of mass spectrometry as a detection approach.
The successful candidate is expected to have a background in biochemistry, biology, or pharmacology with experience in academia and/or industry, ideally within life sciences companies. Experience in industry, including the implementation of SOPs and testing in support of clinical or pre-clinical products is strongly desired. RESPONSIBILITIES
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include the following:
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of biochemical experiments to support assay projects and development of the core assay platform, with specific emphasis on proteomic assays such as mass spectrometry and ELISA
- Work with the broader Assay Development team to maximize assay performance across all functional assay elements, and to automate/streamline novel assays to meet clinical performance requirements
- Implementing standard operating procedures for current GLP and future CLIA facility
- Effectively present data internally to other Seer scientists and technologists
The successful candidate for the position of Research Associate, Assay Development will have demonstrated analytical and assay work in academia and/or life sciences industry. The ideal candidate will have 1-4 years' experience supporting and implementing assays in an industrial biotech setting.
S/he must bring teamwork skills, an attention to detail, and superior productivity.
Desired requirements include:
- A BS or MS with a strong academic background in biological sciences (such as Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Molecular Genetics, Bioengineering, Systems Biology or Biochemistry)
- Experience with relevant molecular biology lab systems used in assays (Next Gen Sequencing, ELISA, Gel Electrophoresis, PCR, Mass Spectrometry, etc.) including the ability to leverage data/insights from the platforms to productively make next stage decisions. Technical familiarity with Mass Spectrometry of proteins is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer's scientific and business goals
- Must work well in a small team setting, with ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, and strong proficiency in documentation skills
BS or MS in a relevant scientific discipline, and 1-4 years of industry experience in relevant field is required. COMPENSATION
An attractive compensation package including stock options, will be offered based upon background and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.