Project Manager Position Description
- The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating multiple projects simultaneously including projects related to new product development, new product introduction, roll-out of new processes, etc.
- They will be responsible for formulating, planning, and executing projects in conjunction with technical leads to targeted timelines and budgets in a manner compliant to applicable governance policies and procedures.
- A project manager is responsible for compiling and communicating project status, issues, and risk to both internal and external customers.
- They are also responsible for developing project plans, identifying critical path, optimizing acceleration opportunities, and facilitating communications between technical team members.
- Communication, Decision Making, Planning and Organizing, Gaining Commitment, Driving for results
- Work with internal and external team resources to:
- Identify requirements for new product / product line extension projects and/or product optimization development projects.
- Drive completion of project milestones, as determined by the team, based on timelines and project goals through all stages of the product development lifecycle
- Actively support project initiatives with customer interactions
- Ensure technical and customer requirements for programs are achieved
- Ensure that all required documentation deliverables are satisfied and delivered
- Recognized as an expert in project management
- Interprets internal and external business issues and recommends solutions
- Cultivates networks within organization and manages multidisciplinary teams
- Has significant technical knowledge
- Follow applicable project management process & methods
- Maintain clear communication paths with stakeholders
- Track project costs versus budgets and alert management of potential overruns
- Create/ maintain project dashboards & portfolio reporting tools for assigned projects to communicate status and progress
- Initiate project change alerts in the case of delays, changes in scope, costs, or deliverables.
- Coordinate with other project managers on complex programs and departments.
- Develop and maintain required quality records and project management documents associated with assigned projects
- Conduct routine project reviews with Project Teams and Management
- Interface with customers and external support services, e.g. suppliers and contract vendors, to facilitate the development and execution of assigned projects
- Education: Bachelor's
- BS in Engineering, Materials, Chemistry, or equivalent technical degree.
- Experience: 6-10 years
- Project Management experience, and experience in Medical Materials, Medical Device and/or Drug Delivery Systems product development preferred. Working knowledge of applicable federal and international regulations such as 21CFR Parts 210, 211, and 820. cGMP manufacturing experience preferred. PMP certification preferred but not required. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite software, project management software such as Microsoft Project Server.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.