QC Microbiology Specialist Position Description
- Company is seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a QC Microbiology Specialist (temp). This position provides Quality Control Microbiology support to all aspects of a GMP environmental monitoring program and product testing. Looking for experience with environmental monitoring in a GMP setting. Ability/Flexibility to work weekends is required.
- Performing environmental monitoring sampling in manufacturing cleanrooms.
- Organization and completion of assay documentation and entering data into QC database.
- Assist in the trending of environmental monitoring data.
- Write, revise and review Standard Operating Procedures and Forms.
- Lab maintenance and updates on equipment calibrations and equipment use logbooks according to cGMP standards.
- Assist in conducting and documenting laboratory investigations.
- Sample submissions in a timely manner to various contract testing vendors.
- Perform other lab duties as required.
- This position interacts with QC, QA and Manufacturing personnel and management.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Science, Microbiology, Biochemistry or related discipline with 1-2 years of relevant biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Knowledge of GMP, SOP's and quality control process.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability/Flexibility to work weekends is required
- PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.