Technical Writer III Job Summary
What You Will Do:
Our fast-growing medical device company is hiring writers with experience writing technical documents in the field of science and engineering, and we are currently seeking a professional Technical Writer to join this expanding team. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with engineering teammates to ensure documentation accuracy. If you have previous experience as a Technical Writer, we encourage you to submit an application.
What You Will Learn:
We attract and hire the best talent on the planet! You will be working with a great team of dedicated experts in the Medical Device Industry. You will learn from our Engineers, Clinicians and Manufacturing about our state of the art products.
What You Will Become:
A highly influential teammate who can greatly impact the way we support and deliver our material handling and production process.
What Success Looks Like:
- Ideal candidate should be familiar with working in a GMP environment as it relates to medical device manufacturing and with writing, proofreading, submitting, and routing technical documents through the approval process.
- Create and revise various types of technical documents including validation protocols, work instructions, purchase specifications, CAD drawings, engineering reports, risk assessments, statistical analysis skills, and other project documents and specifications.
- The ideal candidate has experience establishing productive working relationships within a cross-functional team, including employees from various inter-facility departments (receiving inspection, manufacturing engineering, R&D, quality, purchasing, materials, etc.) and can work productively without supervision.
Education & Qualifications
- Work with engineers as needed to prepare/complete documents, specifications and reports; may support completion of documents/tasks for pending projects
- Work with engineers to update dimensional and mechanical features as needed for protocols, reports, specifications, work instructions, etc.
- Communicate and negotiate document content and approval with internal employees and external suppliers as needed
- Track document review and approval routings; accurately track status of multiple documents
- Provide support to various engineering-based projects within an office environment; may be required to complete tasks in production areas. Apply technical writing skills in the form of protocols, test procedures, summary reports, flow charts, specifications and other documents as required.
- Create and distribute meeting minutes to document issues, resolutions and action items; follow-up on action items with responsible person(s).
- Ability to analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent unless otherwise specified.
- More than 5 years professional experience.
- Gather and research information for use in technical documentation.
- Assist in layout work.
- Write technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions.
- Government Regulated Environment experience such as FDA or ISO (Preferred)
- In absence of medical device industry experience, familiarity with working in another strictly regulated manufacturing industry may be adequate.
- Cleanroom Environment Experience (Preferred)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Projects, CAD software is beneficial but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Agile Software or other Documentation Systems experience (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.