Laboratory Manager Position Description
- The Laboratory Manager is responsible to manage and direct the day-to-day activities of the laboratory division.
- Ensures that there are metrics established to monitor performance and expectations of the Quality Control Unit.
- Reports on performance and metrics for each analyst and work performed.
- Ensures that all finished goods testing is performed in a timely manner and with accuracy to support the release of a finished product.
- Performs laboratory investigation when necessary based on the outcome of testing performed.
- Ensures raw material testing for approval and supply chain management is performed, documented and communicated to the appropriate departments as needed.
- Communicates with multiple departments to maintain the priorities necessary for project completion and reports the results of testing as necessary.
- Responsible for managing the activities of the analytical staff in a cGMP QC laboratory environment
- Direct the quality control laboratory activities to plan and establish work schedules, assignments and prioritizations to achieve expectations for quality control.
- Ensures that all Quality Control Analysts understand their daily tasks and projects to ensure accurate and effective completion of their tasks in a timely manner.
- Support laboratory staff and inventory to ensure all tools are available for staff to complete workload.
- Develop, maintain and communicate all applicable SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) as related to Quality Control and company's quality policies.
- Ensures Quality Control Staff maintains proper record keeping, calibration, and repair of analytical instruments and laboratory supplies to ensure compliance with GLP and GMP
- Maintains a competent staff through training, development, motivation and performance management.
- Maintains employee training records and documentations
- Maintain all housekeeping, regulatory and GMP requirements
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by management.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Science or related field
- 3-5 years previous quality laboratory manager experience in a fast-paced regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask while working under restrictive timelines.
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications
- Prior experience working in a cGMP/GLP environment required
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle the quality function
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and in all situations
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.