Senior Director, HEOR Position Description
- The Senior Director Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) is accountable for proactively formulating and implementing integrated Company strategies in response to emerging clinical and health economic trends and the changing healthcare landscape. This individual is accountable for providing direct leadership to their respective cross TA HEOR team and matrix leadership to HEOR leaders in their respective TAs across all MA groups. He/She will lead and manage a high performing HEOR therapeutic area (TA) team(s) to deliver on these strategies, including but not limited to health economic, comparative effectiveness, real world data, patient reported outcomes, epidemiologic initiatives and economic/cost-effectiveness modeling for in-line and development compounds. This position requires demonstrated proficiency in effective leadership and people management skills and is responsible for working closely with key external and internal stakeholders, including MA, Global & Regional Therapeutic Area leaders, Global & Regional Pricing and Market Access, Global & Regional Affiliates and MA, Global/Asia Oceania/Japan/Americas HEOR leaders to achieve business objectives. Specifically, this individual will:
- Ensure that health economic and outcomes projects are medically relevant, scientifically valid and appropriately planned, resourced and executed.
- Be sought out by internal and external stakeholders to inform and shape the medical affairs plans for products/indications in development.
- Proactively develop HEOR strategies in alignment with key internal stakeholders that create research opportunities and address data gaps at a product, corporate and industry-wide level
- Lead initiatives with external stakeholders & HEOR experts to ensure that Company sponsored HEOR initiatives are clinically relevant and support the needs of regulators, patients, health care providers, payers and policy makers; and
- Coordinate global alignment and HEOR best practice sharing and ensure the development and maintenance of product Core Value Dossiers (CVD) that will be utilized by region and country HEOR professionals to support local Health Technology Assessment (HTA) needs.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal and matrix leadership skills to support effective partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders including TA Heads, CMT Leads, HEOR, Development, and Marketing Strategy (MS).
- Demonstrate matrix leadership and actively promote strategic collaborations with all MA HEOR groups, CMTs and Development teams to advance HEOR initiatives and support business needs.
- Manage, mentor and develop a high performing HEOR team that effectively implements an HEOR strategy that is integrated and aligned with CMPs/CDP.
- Lead Global HEOR Therapeutic Area(s) to create innovative, cutting-edge approaches to meet organizational business needs that may have broader long-term implications for the global organization.
- Provide oversight of HEOR expertise for HEOR projects/initiatives, protocol development, PRO development, regulatory documents, scientific publications, and independent research proposals for products/new indications in development.
- Understand HTA requirements globally and provide TA and product based strategic leadership that supports HTA/Value data needs; ensuring implementation through inclusion in CMPs and CDPs.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of CVDs that provide the foundation for region and country HEOR professionals to create local Value Dossiers based on local HTA needs.
- Lead and/or serve on global and regional organizational initiatives to shape the strategic direction of the HEOR function.
- Actively monitor the changing healthcare landscape to anticipate future resource needs of internal and external stakeholders and collaborate with Company executive leadership to address those needs
- Provide a forum for global HEOR alignment and best practice sharing (e.g. core HEOR matrix teams, joint HEOR/Market Access Global Value Teams).
- Lead and contribute to the maintenance of a global HEOR repository with a library of tools and instruments that support data generation and HTA needs.
- Ensure HEOR team maintains full compliance with internal and external guidance and regulations, including applicable policies and codes.
- REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Advanced degree (e.g. PharmD, PhD, MD, DO) with consideration for MPH + equivalent advanced experience
- Evidence of significant related experience in outcomes research including patient reported outcomes, health economics, clinical research, epidemiology, and health policy
- Demonstrated effective leadership and managerial skills; solid experience as a direct people leader/manager/mentor.
- Expertise in understanding interface between clinical practice and outcomes research
- Expertise in leveraging outcomes data in the appropriate clinical context
- Expertise in various Global HTA reimbursement and market access requirements.
- Excellent executive presence, with a collaborative style of working and a strong sense of ethics, compliance and integrity.
- Persuasive and effective presentation style with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated people development, strategic thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Extensive knowledge of various healthcare systems and solid understanding of related policy issues.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal relationship and collaboration skills working within cross-functional teams.
- Thorough understanding of industry and regulatory guidelines as they relate to HEOR and Medical Affairs
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.