Sr Financial Analyst Position Description
- Assist Manager/Senior Manager/Director in leading financial plan and close cycles for income statement areas of responsibility. Lead financial planning and analysis support for assigned functions. Manage monthly financial close and variance analysis for assigned functions.
- Lead semi-annual financial planning processes for assigned functional teams, resulting in highly accurate submissions including cost center detail, management presentation summaries and supporting analyses as required.
- Develop financial models and analytical tools to support function objectives and projects. Assist driving strategic decisions through NPV analysis, ROI modeling, and other financial metrics. Provide critical thought that may help drive strategic decisions and make recommendations to Senior Management.
- Serve as financial representative on key cross-functional teams and proactively provide advisory services.
- Drive the development and use of the financial planning system (Cognos, CentFunc) for assigned functions. Create, leverage and deploy financial models for own use and those of other finance staff. Document models and processes and work to creatively and continuously improve the planning process.
- Manage the monthly financial close process including identifying and resolving discrepancies in actual transactions in SAP versus planned activity and instructing accounting to initiate correcting entries as necessary, on an ongoing basis.
- Work with local and regional finance teams to develop detailed explanation for variances between actual and plan on a monthly basis for assigned functional areas.
- Design and distribute monthly reporting packages to senior management, summarizing functional area financial results. Design and implement solutions to streamline processes and create operational efficiencies. Educate functional management on the use of reporting tools and finance concepts.
- May include team leadership activities or oversight of Associate/Analyst activities.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience.
- Previous budgeting/planning/monthly variance analysis experience.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated business impact in previous position(s).
- Strong computer software skills (Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- MBA or CPA.
- Previous experience in healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated business investment analysis modeling skills (NPV, ROI).
- Financial planning/reporting systems experience (e.g. SAP, Data Warehouse Programs, CentFunc, HFM).
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, including running meetings and preparing presentations for customer groups.
- Analytical - ability to analyze monthly financial results and ROI outputs and to understand how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business.
- Management - ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment, ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively.
- Customer Service Orientation - ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to provide best possible financial plans and drive impactful analytical projects.
- Teamwork - ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment, across multiple time zones.
- Entrepreneurial - ability and desire to take ownership over activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent demonstration of out of the box thinking.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.