Intake Specialist II Position Description
- Describes the primary goals, objective or function or outputs of this position.
- The Intake Specialist role works to support the Patient Assistance Program (PAP) through providing initial triaging of patient applications, including data entry and coordination of work through the appropriate channels as determined by established business rules.
- Completes the intake process of all applications into Customer Relationship Management System (CRM)
- Associates and tags all images to the patient, data enters all information including patient demographic information, physician information, drug information, and all relevant application data such as income information, household information and insurance information into the CRM
- Conducts initial assessment of application for missing information and completes missing information patient outreach process to obtain required data
- Completes initial assessment of simplified application
- Identify appropriate work flow based upon business rules
- Collaborate cross functionally to ensure processes are followed according to business rules and policies
- Ensure all patient cases are documented in the CRM in accordance with all business rules and policies
- Conduct renewal and year end recertification's process as determined by the Company Patient Assistance Program
- Readily assists on special project within job scope to improve reimbursement optimization when requested by management
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College or a 2-year Associate Degree is preferred
- A minimum of 1-3 years' experience within a call center, preferably in a healthcare provider, PBM,
- Specialty Pharmacy or Retail/Mail Order Pharmacy setting
- Exposure to core insurance (Medical and Pharmacy Benefit) knowledge a plus
- Strong attention to detail and work independently with minimal direction
- High quality customer service skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.