Research Associate, Biology Position Description
- Company is seeking a highly motivated, Research Associate to join our Exploratory Biology group and participate in drug discovery programs that lead to the identification of new targets. The primary focus of this position is to conduct high quality bench research and to develop biochemical and cellular assays that will contribute to our drug discovery efforts.
- Design and perform biochemical and cellular assays under the direction of the leading scientist to identify and validate new targets.
- Generate new cell lines and disease models using genetic manipulation techniques such as CRISPR, shRNA, RNAi, lentiviral/retroviral transduction.
- Evaluate new targets by using western blotting, immunoprecipitation, ELISA assays.
- Develop phenotypic assays using microscopy, immunocytochemistry, low throughput as well as high throughput high content imaging to enable small molecule discovery.
- Assist the exploratory biology group with the development of cell-based assays including flow cytometry, live cell imaging, and FRET.
- Use molecular biology tools such as cloning, RNA/DNA analysis, qPCR and Nanostring to support advancement of our early stage programs.
- Collaborate with other members of the group and present their work at regular department meetings.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of drug discovery experience or Master's Degree with 1+ years' experience.
- Prior experience conducting high quality science in an industry setting.
- Demonstrated ability to think logically and critically with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work productively and to participate in a highly creative and fast-paced environment.
- Efficient and technically competent execution of lab work designed to advance early stage projects.
- Accurately interpret experimental data, perform statistical analysis, formulate conclusions and communicate data with colleagues.
- Maintenance of accurate and up to date records of experimental data.
- Presentation of data at regular internal meetings.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.