Job Title Director Supply Planning & Optimization Salary: $150K Reports To: (Title) Vice President, Global Alliance Management Schaumburg, IL Job Description Details Job Summary / Overview:
Leading and managing operational excellence / optimization projects in conjunction with the internal/external supply chain partners, regulatory and quality teams at Sagent. The position manages continuity of supply by optimizing business processes and driving the CMO manufacturing and batch release schedule. The primary focus is to make sure initiatives are managed appropriately to avoid interruption of supply and operational processes are efficient, scalable and responsive to workflow surges throughout the product lifecycle.
Responsibility and success for this role would be measured by:
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for communication and management of the Supply Plan.
- Leads the SMART [Schedule, Make, Assess, Release Team] process for product batch release
- Monitors and recommends actions to improve order fulfillment rates and prevents and/or reduces backorders.
- Generate and monitory Key Performance Indicator metrics for the GAM and SCM organization.
- Improve service levels within operations for the benefit of internal and external customers.
- Co-Lead the Executive Supply Update communications.
- Schedules and leads the bilateral cross functional planning process.
- Generates supply models to evaluate business decisions and risks.
- Maintains and manages the central roll up of the supply plan and updates it quarterly, or at each change in commercial demand forecast.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge or Experience:
- Operational Excellence / Optimization- Manage and improve internal processes and workflows between quality, regulatory, GAM and SCM - including third party logistics
- GAM and Supply Chain Analytics - Leverage internal/external systems to align workflows and achieve KPIs for inter-departmental processes: Attain and drive improvements to Key Performance Indicators, including forecast accuracy, demand vs. supply, inventory levels, backorder levels, demand plan (S&OP forecast) vs. operation plan vs. financial plan
- Manage and monitor CMO batch release timing and review process through SMART team meetings
- Schedule and consolidate slides for the routine Executive supply updates
- Miscellaneous special projects that support and impact Supply Chain
- Create / implement and lead/facilitate an integrated S&OP [commercial demand plan, production plan and final supply plan]
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience working with pharmaceutical manufacturing international supply chains.
- Contract manufacturing and in-house manufacturing
- Understanding of supply chain flow from manufacturer through end customer sales [preferred]
- Strong knowledge of FDA guidance and quality system requirements
- Strong computer and organizational skills [experience with MS Project strongly preferred]
- Strong knowledge of supply chain systems and concepts (MRP, Capacity Modeling etc.)
- Strong project management skills with technology transfer experience of pharmaceutical products [preferred]
- Understanding of cost and service drivers in operations, manufacturing and distribution
- Leadership skills and experience working in multi-national teams
- S&OP process
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
Education / Certifications:
- 10 plus years in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing [Sterile Production preferred]
- Experience controlling and improving Supply Chain costs and service
- Pharmaceutical technology transfer or product maintenance experience [Sterile products preferred]
- Experience working with National Accounts, Sales and Customer Service groups
- Project management and/or process oriented work
- Six Sigma/Lean a plus
Travel Requirements Decision Making
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree a plus)
Decisions have significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a division. Job contributes to decisions on the overall strategy and direction of the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.