Research Associate, Process Development Job Summary
- The primary responsibilities for the Research Associate, Process Development will be to support the Process Development team to develop and scale-up messenger RNA therapeutics.
- The scientist/engineer will be involved in clinical study enabling scale-up and pilot production of mRNA.
- The position will partner closely with Process Sciences and Production teams, and the candidate must be able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Education & Qualifications
- Work as a team to execute pilot production of mRNA
- Develop and evaluate scale-up and scale-down process models
- Design and conduct experiments to enable process improvements
- Support process transfers to external collaborators
- Support cross-functional projects with Process Sciences and Analytical Development teams
- 0-2 years relevant industry experience
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or closely related field
- Hands on experience with purification techniques including UF/DF, ion exchange chromatography, affinity chromatography
- Experience with process scale-up / scale-down
- Experience with AKTA purification systems
- Experience with enzymatic reactions is a plus
- Knowledge of statistical design of experiments (DoE) and analysis
- Knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry and biology is a plus
- Knowledge of GMP and GLP regulations
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.