Quality Control (QC) Payment Specialist Position Description
- Processing invoices for site payments from start-up activities to reconciliation and study close out: Patient visit costs and other costs such as start-up fees, pharmacy fees etc.
- Equally important to meet timelines and do accurate work.
- Entails cross-checking between various systems (Site payment system, RAVE, IMPACT, IVRS).
- Keeping study specific trackers:
- Filing invoices etc., for new sites or amendments to contracts.
- Need to check protocol and contract against site payment system term sheets.
- May participate in process improvement and quality-related initiatives associated with study execution and deliverables.
- Assist in the day-to-day support of study operations including:
- Tracking and creating overviews of subject, site, study status, milestones and
- Performing quality check activities across components of the clinical study.
- Process and track vendor and investigator payments and other study related activities as needed.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and up-to-date study information within relevant tracking systems.
- Effectively communicate with study team members and work closely with Lead Study Manager to address challenges.
- Handle multiple studies with variety of study specific processes and trackers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS - Finance or Scientific
- Must have at least 8 years previous experience in the healthcare field or research administration are candidates from CRO, biotech, pharmaceutical, academia or hospital setting is acceptable.
- Familiar with clinical trials, protocols and contracts, preferably also with payments.
- At least 3 years general knowledge of drug development and ICH/GCP.
- Experience with data entry, excel and SAP.
- Experience with clinical site payments.
- Understands contractual terms and conditions surrounding budget schedules.
- Familiarity with clinical research activities.
- Understands and has experience in financial reconciliations.
- Experience with budget management and quality control.
- Finance background strongly preferred.
- Understands or experience with internal/external audits and compliance requirements with clinical payments.
- Some experience with medical/research and finance terminology
- Direct Pharma experience preferred.
- Soft Skills:
- Requires analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Can understand issue and find resolution.
- Good communication skills.
- Can work cross-functionally (Resource will be interacting with internal study team and CRO payment specialists).
- Strong attention to detail
- Independent worker but also team player
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation administrative and computer skills.
- Minimal (10%) travel required.
- Fluent in English (Oral & Written).
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.