job summary: Research Associate, BioAnalytical Testing I
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $24.04 - 28.28 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Perform quantitative and semi-quantitative assays on non-clinical and clinical samples such as but not limited to serum, plasma, and urine, including immunoassays (ELISA) for therapeutic protein concentration and antibodies to therapeutic proteins, enzymatic activity assays, and glycosaminoglycans determinations.
- Assist in assay development and qualification of new test methods.
- Prepare SOPs, reports and documents such as assay validation, qualification and maintenance reports.
- Independently perform routine tasks with minimal supervision
- Ensure GLP-compliant sample handling, assay performance and laboratory operations through adherence to SOPs and departmental practices.
- Participate in internal and external inspections/audits.
- Responsible for efficient and effective laboratory operations, the Research Associate I has a significant impact on the company's ability to reach project goals in a timely manner with respect to delivery of data to support pre-clinical and clinical studies critical to advancing programs through the development process.
qualifications: Position Requirements
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with clinical assays or other quantitative analytical methods in a biological or biochemical field.
- Required: At least 0-2 years of experience in a bioanalytical laboratory, research laboratory, or biotechnology company performing bioanalytical assays.
- Preferred: Skills with ELISA and other analytical methods in a GLP-compliant environment, or equivalent analytical experience in a regulated lab environment
- Preferred: Experience with GLP or GMP documentation and testing.
- Preferred: Experience with Meso Scale Discovery (MD) and Molecular Devices plate readers
- Preferred: Experience with Watson LIMS, statistical analysis software, JMP and ELN.
- Preferred: Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.