Join and help shape a growing team in a destination Pharma company with the support of a huge corporation, but the feel of a startup. With is a collaborative, warm team to further your real world evidence career General Position Summary/Purpose:
Reporting to the Associate Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research/RWE, the contractor will be responsible for the execution of internal HECOR/RWE hypothesis generating exploratory research and leveraging internally available data sources to obtain adherence/persistence business insights in collaboration with the Epidemiology and Information Technology (IT) teams.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Temporary
salary: $27 - 33 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- With guidance and direction from the Team Lead, the Contractor is expected to design and execute internal HECOR/RWE studies and hypothesis generating exploratory analyses. The specific tasks will include providing hands-on analytical support on retrospective database analyses using either insurance claim databases, patient reported outcomes, or quality of life assessment surveys and other relevant data sources.
- Responsibility of the contractor will also include mining internally available secondary data sources for real-world adherence/persistency business insights.
- With guidance and direction from the team lead, the contractor would also be expected to draft and review the study report documentations, study protocols, study analysis documents, excel and SAS (and/or R) data files and other documents related to the execution of internal health economics and outcomes research studies and models.
- The contractor would be expected to draft the study report, build a presentation of key findings for internal socialization on the studies/analyses conducted. They may also be expected to develop abstracts and posters on those studies, if needed.
- The contractor may be expected to work with some vendors towards successful execution of HECOR-RWE tactics across multiple indications, including retrospective database analysis, meta-analysis, survey analyses etc., if deemed necessary by the team lead.
- The contractor may also be expected to provide necessary support to the compilation and delivery of the economic and RWE sections for various materials such as dossiers, proactive and reactive communication tools, in collaboration with the Scientific Communications and Clinical Value and Outcomes teams.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to receive training and further develop HECOR/RWE related skills.
- This will be a full-time contracting position for a period of 6-12 months, with the potential to lengthen the duration per demonstrated successful performance and contingent upon continued organizational needs assessment.
- Master's degree in Pharmacy Outcomes Research, Bio Statistics, Economics, Health Services Research, Epidemiology, Health Policy, Public Health or a related discipline
- Prior work experience related to HECOR-RWE studies is preferred
- Understanding of research methodology used in conducting health economics and outcomes research and real-world studies is required
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects, maintain clear tracking and documentation, and manage tight project timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is required
- Must be able to work independently as well as be a cross-functional team player, as needed
skills: Data Analysis, Biostatistical Analysis, Economic Modeling
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.