Scientist I, Pharmacology Job Summary
Assist with planning and execution of in vitro and in vivo experiments, including tissue culture, apoptosis and proliferation assays, other cellular assays including immunofluorescence & flow cytometry, western blotting, gene expression, molecular biology and animal tumor models. Organize data, maintain records, communicate results and maintain laboratory in functional order. Job Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- Tissue culture
- Biological assays such as apoptosis and cell signaling
- Flow cytometry including cell cycle analysis
- Mammalian cell transfections including siRNA knockdowns
- Medium-throughput small molecule compound screening
- Molecular biology including gene expression techniques such as Taqman and microarrays
- Protein analysis techniques including ELISA, western blotting, immunofluorescence
- Occasional small animal in vivo assays and sample collection
- Provide support for scientific staff. Other duties may be assigned.
- BS in Biology, biochemistry or related discipline
- MS preferred
- Minimum 5 years in vivo working experience
- Preferred: experience working with small molecule therapeutics
- Preferred: experience in oncology or immunology fields
- Ability to research cell-based assay protocols from the literature, test them out quickly in the lab and think critically about how to optimize for quantitative and reproducible results.
- Significant professional experience in at least three of the following areas: mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques, medium/high-throughput cellular pharmacology, ELISA assay development and validation, or molecular biology including gene expression analysis.
- Must be organized, quantitative and fluent in spreadsheet-based data analysis.
- Creativity, scientific curiosity and a good biological background are essential
- Additional experience in biochemistry, RNAi, and/or animal pharmacology would be a plus.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have an aptitude for problem solving, be able to work in a group environment.
- Must possess good organization skills and attention to detail.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.