Job Title: Contracts Specialist Position Description
- Serve as a contract subject matter expert and provide contract functional support to projects, contributing to the function's achievement of the following key objectives:
- Contract development/negotiation,
- Vendor selection process,
- Budget planning support,
- Department, function and other supportive activities
- Contract development/negotiation: Support development projects by efficiently and effectively negotiating, executing, and managing relevant contracts, in terms of quality, compliance, timeline, and budget.
- Proposal/Budget review and negotiation: Support development projects by efficiently and effectively reviewing proposals/budgets (including proposals/budgets submitted during RFP/Vendor Section process), comparison with rates card, and breakdown of hours of tasks in conjunction with functional area leads.
- Liaises with Head of Contracts and Legal (as required) to identify assess risk in requested contract language changes to develop and improve contract negotiation parameters document.
- Works cross-functionally to ensure consistency and quality in all contracts.
- Tracks, manages and monitors all changes to contracts to reflect any changes in study or project scope.
- Tracks milestones in contract management database and follow-up with Vendors as required.
- Vendor selection process: Support development projects by efficiently and effectively managing the vendor selection process.
- Provides support to project teams and Head of Contracts by supporting the clinical vendor sourcing, including overseeing the Request for Proposal process.
- Builds and fosters relationships with clinical trial vendors.
- Budget planning support: Manages the clinical site budget development process.
- Provides support in the development of draft site budget using historical and benchmark data.
- Coordinate budget development with Project Teams and obtain approval from Clinical Operations, Project Management, Head of Contracts and Key Stake Holders
- Provides support in the drafting and obtaining approval of budget negotiation parameters for each trial.
- Provides support in development of expected per subject costs based on the negotiated site contracts.
- Department, function and other supportive activities: Support other functions by providing contract-related assistance for various issues on an as-needed basis.
- Supports compliance initiatives
- Provides ad hoc Support for Contracts
- A minimum of 5 years work experience as a contract specialist, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Good overall knowledge of contract law and pharmaceutical development contracts
- Interpersonal, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to develop consensus within a multinational organization
- Proficient in Grant Plan and Clear Trial
- Proficient in Excel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.