Research Associate - In-Process Analytics Position Description
- As a Research Associate, you will be joining the in-process analytics team to support biologics process and product development. In this role, you are responsible for executing basic/routine experiments and unit operations under supervision. This position also assists in the planning of basic unit operation experiments and performs specialized/complex experiments with assistance from supervisor as appropriate.
- Works with department peers to execute well defined assignments.
- Prepares experimental protocols as appropriate/necessary.
- Interprets data with support from supervisor and contributes to technical reports.
- Identifies and communicates routine technical problems within scope of responsibility.
- Supports project team and local initiatives as appropriate.
- Makes and understands basic experimental decisions within scope of responsibility.
- Assists with technical transfer of experimental data/procedures to vendors as appropriate.
- Documents personal experimental results accurately and completely in laboratory notebook.
- Coordinates with departmental peers on project work as appropriate.
- Associates degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 2+ years relevant industry experience.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; some relevant industry experience preferred.
- Appropriate laboratory training.
- Exposure to some biochemical analytical techniques, such as liquid chromatography, gel or capillary electrophoresis, and/or spectroscopic-based methods.
- Exposure to some assays used to evaluate process impurities such as ELISA, qPCR.
- Understanding of protein properties.
- Able to conduct routine testing and transfer of methods to internal and external laboratories with supervision.
- General lab competencies
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.