In vivo Technician Position Description
- Performs complex animal studies supporting multiple therapeutic areas of the Company including Oncology, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Drug Safety Research and Evaluation, GI and Vaccine.
- Performs advanced dosing and sample collection with efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Small animal necropsy and tissue harvesting experience preferred
- Responsible for integrity of data.
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates proficiency in advanced technical skills required including routes of administration and sample collection in the laboratory rat and mouse.
- Must be able to interpret study protocols and follow Standard Work Practices independently. Exercises judgment to evaluate a variety of technical factors and obtain optimum solutions.
- Initiates complex research with no supervision. Contributes to the generation of study designs. Will coordinate sample transfer, formulation requests, and study updates with multiple groups.
- Responsible for communicating study related findings to Technical Services Management and Study Directors.
- Performs complex calculations. Creates and understands data using multiple computer platforms.
- Reports animal well being concerns to Technical Services Management and the Comparative Medicine veterinary staff. Reports Safety issues to the EH&S department.
- Guides and understands implications of lab operations decisions. Working knowledge of all policies and procedures for animal users.
- Demonstrates expertise in operation of laboratory support equipment. Complex computer and mathematic skills required.
- Able to work well in teams as well as independently. Able to coordinate schedule without supervision. Must be able to interact well with internal and external colleagues.
- Requires A.S. /B.S. or equivalent in a scientific field with 2-4 years of previous laboratory animal experience. Demonstrates proficiency in advanced technical skills including routes of administration and sample collection in the laboratory rat and mouse.
- AALAS certification at LAT preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must be willing to work off-hours, holidays and weekends.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.