Associate Research Scientist Position Description
- Seeking a mid-level and well-trained laboratory technician, who will assist the projects directed by Company employees. Candidates should have general laboratory skills in molecular biology, histology, and animal handling in the field of neuroscience.
- General techniques in molecular biology and biochemical techniques including quantitative PCR and ELISA.
- Experience in histological tissue processing (brain sectioning, immunohistochemistry, fluorescence/confocal microscopy, imaging analysis).
- Experience in mouse handling.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain experimental records, and collect and analyze data.
- Summarize and present data at internal meetings.
- Proficiency in stereotaxic surgery would be plus.
- Proficiency in primary neuronal cultures would be plus.
- Bachelor degree in science
- At least 1 year experience in a research setting
- Ability to work independently while function within a team environment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.