Production Manager Position Description
- The primary role of the Production Manager is to ensure that all of production needs are being met in the most quality system compliant, safe and efficient manner possible on a daily basis in accordance with all Company requirements and operating standards.
- Evaluate, train, update, enforce and comply with all policies and procedures related to the production, shipping and receiving departments.
- Support and manage Production Shift Supervisors to ensure:
- Proper inventory levels of all raw materials, packaging materials, components and supplies to support the manufacturing schedule.
- The effective daily operation of the plant in compliance with all company programs.
- Appropriate daily work lists are developed with Production Leads.
- Works with Direct Reports and the Quality Department to:
- Ensure finished goods meet all current quality standards.
- Deliver to manufacturing supervisors all materials or assurance of all materials necessary to complete all batch production.
- Work with Quality Management team to investigate and resolve any discrepancies and/or other quality issues related to production.
- Coordinates the scheduling of production related maintenance with the Operations supervisor.
- Submits recommendations for approval to the Director of Manufacturing regarding process improvements and equipment upgrades to support company objectives.
- Completes manufacturing goals as established with the Director of Manufacturing.
- Maintains accurate inventory of all production and shipping related items.
- Assists the Director of Manufacturing in scheduling incoming orders and providing delivery dates to customer service.
- Manages Shipping and Receiving to ensure the scheduling of on-time shipments.
- Develops production schedules with the Director Of Manufacturing and Production Shift Leads based on open orders, desired finished goods inventory levels, and projections from customer service/sales.
- Manages manufacturing staff to meet company objectives.
- Maintains appropriate communication with Director of Manufacturing.
- Attends shipping meetings and coordinates with Customer Service, Shipping and Receiving and Quality Representative(s) to manage customer needs.
- Oversees warehouse to ensure compliance with all quality systems.
- Oversees, supports and enforces new production operator training that is consistent with all company compliance systems.
- Maintains the Production Operator Level System and provides regular performance reviews of direct reports.
- Maintains and accepts full accountability and responsibility for all finished goods leaving the facility to ensure compliance with all quality systems and customer expectations.
- Coordinate's batch records with Quality to support open orders, Writes TOI's for production as needed.
- Reviews documents for the Production and Quality Departments.
- Provides input for real time data reporting of process parameters.
- Works with Qualification and Validation team for the review and approval of equipment qualifications and process validations.
- Works with Process Development to develop new processes and scale up for validation.
- Reviews, authors and edits standard operating procedures for the manufacturing department.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by management.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Project & Outlook at professional level.
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years production experience in a cGMP compliant facility.
- Ability to read, understand, analyze and interpret the quality system and related documents.
- Ability to provide appropriate support and responses to production personnel, senior management and outside contacts as necessary.
- Ability to gather all pertinent data and information to make competent, timely, informed decisions with regard to problem solving and changing priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and use logical thinking to meet company objectives.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.