Quality Control Chemist I Job Summary
- Perform a variety of analytical laboratory stability testing of finished products and assure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Education & Qualifications
- Operate a variety of treatment test equipment, such as HPLC, spectrophotometer, pH meter, filtration devices, hot plates, Moisture Apparatus, Melting Point, balances, etc.
- Conduct a variety of analytical lab tests in compliance with standard testing methods, procedures and regulations; implement quality control specifications. Set up instruments and conduct sample tests; utilize a variety of methods to assure compliance to established standards and testing controls; interpret test results and prepare and submit reports related to test results.
- Perform, interpret, evaluate and record standard process control laboratory tests on ; perform calculations as needed and record results; notify appropriate personnel of abnormal or critical results and significant changes in lab results.
- Troubleshoot, clean and maintain instruments, glassware and equipment; conduct preliminary diagnostic test on equipment; assure materials meet standards of cleanliness to assure accurate test results; assure an adequate supply of test materials to perform daily testing; perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Prepare periodic and special reports concerning quality control and results of laboratory tests; prepare analytical results reports to relay qualitative and quantitative data; submit to manager of quality.
- BS in chemistry, preferred. BS in other life sciences will also be considered
- 0-3 years of experience in a related laboratory. HPLC, UV- IR spectrometry, GC (Gas Chromatography), wet chemical technics etc.
- Technical record-keeping techniques. Perform a variety of laboratory testing.
- Perform mathematical calculations applicable to chemistry testing.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand fluent English.
- Strong understanding of GMP concepts and requirements.
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while completing work in a timely manner.
- Follows instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Operate, maintain and repair equipment required to perform related duties.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.