Research Professional Job Summary
The client's Research and External Scientific Innovation are looking for a Research Professional - a contingent assignment located in Irvine, CA for up to two years.
(Job Posting reflects up front one year, but will most likely be extended, as noted) Job Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- The Research Professional will contribute to projects aimed at understanding the mechanism of action (MOA) of existing and novel drugs for dermal indications.
- S/he will be required to independently carry out in vitro and in vivo experiments to support specific project and team goals, with strict timelines.
- Key assays include qPCR gene expression analysis and skin models, including primary skin cells, 3D tissue models, human skin explants and in vivo models.
- S/he will be required to interpret and present research results to key project stakeholders. Experience in the fields of dermatology and skin biology is a requirement.
- The successful candidate will collaborate extensively with other research scientists, within and outside the research group, while taking personal responsibility for success of assigned tasks and projects.
- S/he should be a highly motivated, hands-on experimental scientist who thrives in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment.
- A Ph.D. in biology or equivalent, with 2+ years of postdoctoral or industry experience is strongly preferred or a MS in Biology or equivalent with 4 years specific experience is required.
- The successful candidate would have experience with qPCR gene expression analysis and skin models, including primary skin cells, 3D tissue models, human skin explants and in vivo models.
- Experience in the field of molecular biology, skin biology and dermatology are required.
- Experience with ELISA, immunohistochemistry (IHC) and Western blotting is preferred.
- The successful candidate must work well in a team environment. The successful candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience with presenting results and writing project reports. This position is located in Irvine, CA and requires no travel.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.