Biometrics Project Manager Position Description
- Responsible for achieving successful delivery of biometrics activities on a study by study basis by meeting internal and external sponsor requirements according to time, quality, scope, and budget constraints.
- Holds primary accountability for delivery oversight and financial profitability for Biometrics standalone projects.
- Manages project scope changes
- Serves as primary escalation point for internal and external team members for risks associated with study deliverable timeliness, quality, scope and budget
- Escalates to functional management for risks to time, quality, scope and budget considerations on study
- Manages technical vendors of third-party biometrics project providers.
- Ensures timely completion of all biometrics project status reporting.
- Ensures that trial-specific training, including protocol training, is provided to extended project team members.
- Authors documents, including (but not limited to): Project Plan, Project Timelines.
- Owns forecasts of units/hours (revenue and resources), and actual units/hours efficiency analysis.
- Proactively identifies, negotiates and executes contract modifications for assigned trials, ensuring out of scope activities are approved up front via a contract modification.
- Identifies potential or actual unrecoverable hours and provides analysis and mitigation/resolution plan for Senior Management approval.
- Ensures control of financial risk.
- Leads presentation of project risk reviews (operational and financial aspects) and is accountable for action item follow up.
- Oversees external vendor UAT process (if applicable).
- Contributes to Business Development by participating in bid/proposal development, and participating in capabilities presentations and bid defense meetings.
- Liaises with Biometrics functional leads to provide data to create project performance metrics and initiate performance-measure improvements as needed.
- Takes a lead role in identifying issues and risks related to biometrics project activities.
- Leads in the development of contingency and mitigation plans to minimize risks and communicates the plans as required.
- Participates in sponsor and/or third-party audits and responds to audit findings.
- Mentors and trains other Biometrics Project Manager team members.
- Leads a process development / improvement task force.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for various technologies or processes.
- Writes articles for industry publications and gives presentations at industry conferences.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of Biometrics experience, with at least 2 years of Biometrics project management experience required, including financial management, timeline management, and risk management.
- At least 2 years of experience leading multiple projects at once (8-10 ideal) overseeing approximately 5 - 10 team members per project.
- CRO experience required.
- Prior experience interfacing directly with sponsors/clients, senior management, and cross-functional teams is required.
- Advanced understanding of biometrics project processes and each function as it relates to biometrics.
- Strong strategic thinking skills related to business development and other relationship activities.
- Proven ability to effectively deliver across multiple biometrics project disciplines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be available for domestic travel of approximately 25% for new business development awards, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.