A full-time professional position.
Performs a variety of research and development activities in technical areas related to oleo-chemistry and clay and organic molecular interactions.
Involved with high level interfacing with sales, manufacturing and customers.
Travel required < 20%.
Minimum of M.S. degree (Ph.D. highly preferred) in organic oleo-chemical science applications.
Minimum 2 years of experience in applied oleo-chemical science involving organic molecular interactions; including synthesis, reactions, and characterization of organic materials instrumentation (i.e., working knowledge of instrumentation by HPLC, GC, MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry, FTIR spectroscopy are a plus).
Broad experience and knowledge in Oleo-chemical transformations and organic chemistry as it is applied to commercial industry. Well versed with synthesis and characterization of oleo/organic chemicals.
Hands-on experience on spectroscopic, chromatography and other analytical instruments.
IV. Accountabilities (in specific order of priority)
- Conducts independent research and/or development work including the conception, planning and implementation of investigations that could substantially influence scientific knowledge and company stature or growth. This involves determining the approach, project design and objective for complex research projects with little supervision.
- Manages and administers new product (or process) development project under the guidance of the Oleo-Chemical Sciences Group Leader. This includes defining project objectives, work plans and cost estimates and then managing the project within these guidelines. Responsible to support development of new products (grams up to tons) and/or help contribute to scientific understanding within their field. Requires the ability to work either independently or collaboratively, as required by a given project.
- It also may include assembling a cross-functional team to move the project to commercialization.
- Demonstrates initiative in recognizing opportunity of commercial importance and participates in assessing technical and economic feasibility.
- Responsible to support development of new products (grams up to tons) and/or help contribute to scientific understanding within their field.
Requires the ability to work either independently or collaboratively, as required by a given project.
- Responsible for designing, undertaking and analyzing information from controlled laboratory-based investigations, experiments and trials.
- Performs advanced studies by applying broad experience and working knowledge to set-up and perform the more difficult and complex projects; therein providing technical expertise in understanding potential clay & organic interactions.
- Consistently develops solutions to complex R&D problems where little or no precedent exists and the use of considerable ingenuity and creativity is required.
- Accurately analyzes, interprets and successfully applies research data and results from complex projects.
- Provides support to manufacturing and /or Sales and Marketing whenever a high level of technical expertise is required. This support could include participating in plant demonstrations for new product evaluations and/or introductions.
- Evaluates work for intellectual property and patentability potential.
- Expected to identify and actively initiate technical publication opportunities, as directed by group priorities in support of Div V. and begins to publish scientific work with little or no assistance whenever justified by the business opportunity and directed to do so in support of Div V. priorities.
- Consistently generates new ideas or designs for research projects.
- Participates in conference proceedings and professional societies.
- Responsible for designing, undertaking and analyzing information from controlled laboratory-based investigations, experiments and trials; Reports project status, results, implications and recommendations to R&D and Corporate Management.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.