Environmental Health and Safety Manager Position Description
- This position will develop the company's global Environmental Health & Safety programs and provide technical expertise to our Clients global organization. The will be tasked with implementation and maintenance as well.
- Develop, implement and maintain global Environmental Health & Safety programs and provide technical expertise to our Clients global organization.
- Provide EHS leadership and direction for management, professional, technical and support staff in area of responsibility
- Ensure systems are in place to enable area of responsibility to operate in legal and ethical compliance with regard to EHS issues.
- Provide business perspective, strategic and tactical direction to develop and implement EHS initiatives for the EHS Long range plan
- Authority to represent the company externally on matters related to EHS with external regulatory agencies and non-government organizations
- Maintain a broad understanding of local, regional and global EHS regulations and practices for area of responsibility
- Maintain and update IT reporting databases and generate monthly and quarterly
- EHS performance reports to area management
- Bachelor's Degree (EHS related, Engineering) plus 5 - 12 years of EHS related experience or Master's Degree (EHS related, Engineering) plus 5 - 10 years of EHS related experience.
- EHS related experience in manufacturing/ R&D environments are required. EHS or Engineering professional certification is preferred, but not required.
- Working experience in implementing EHS regulations, conducting incident investigations, interacting with regulatory agencies and external organizations and managing cross functional teams
- Development of practical, applicable standards and/or policies that meet business objectives. Technical expertise in the EHS functions as well as technical writing and business communications.
- Ability to actively listen, build and maintain effective working relationships with internal/ external colleagues and stakeholders, and resolve conflict
Ability to successfully manage project and programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.