Technician II Job Summary
- The company is seeking a Technician II, for Preclinical operations on 2nd shift.
- This role is based in Norwood, MA and will report to the Preclinical Production Coordinator.
- The individual will be accountable for all materials and final product handling within the Preclinical suites.
- They must have a background in material handling, shipping/receiving preparation and aliquoting product.
- This role will be responsible for receiving raw material, inventory management, following set procedures.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to quickly master new processes and the drive to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, and highly motivated team.
- Second shift is 2:30pm-10:30pm.
Education & Qualifications
- Receiving goods and materials, inspection and distribution of goods, materials, supplies and/or products ensuring accurate quantities and completing records.
- Utilize automated equipment to enable capacity and short turnaround time
- Labelling material according to the internal procedures
- Inventory handling- preparing shipments, aliquoting product to fulfill orders and purging expired materials
- Inventory control- document all transactions/movements and perform physical inventory checks/reconciliations
- Responsible for- proper storage of raw materials and consumables, label printing, cycle counting, maintaining required logs, records
- Promote inter- and intra-departmental communication to facilitate and maximize performance
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Adhere to documented waste handling procedures to respect environmental regulations
- 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing or Warehouse Operations, BS/BA Degree preferred
- Proven track record of success in a fast-paced operation at a biotech/pharmaceutical company preferably in GMP or GLP environment
- Work on feet up to 100% of the time. Comfortable lifting and moving products, up to 25 pounds on a regular basis along with occasionally performing two-man lifts for objects greater than 25 pounds
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Customer focused attitude
- Aptitude to collaborate with peers, supervisors and cross functional support groups required
- Exceptional written, oral communication, and organizational skills required
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.