Stability Lab Technician Job Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- Responsible for the production of lab samples and product testing (performance, stability, analytical, etc.).
- Perform chemical and physical analyses on raw materials, prototypes and finished products.
- Interpret test results and investigations.
- Collect data needed for product registration with federal, state and other regulatory agencies.
- Perform other assignments delegated by immediate supervisor.
- Perform routine standardization and maintenance of lab equipment.
- Lab management
- Equipment calibration
- DI water verification
- Ordering of chemicals/supplies
- Maintaining safety standards (PEL lists, eye wash inspections)
- Updating chemical inventory, sourcing SDSs, regularly disposing of expired chemicals
- Managing lab waste with Jeff's guidance
- Ensuring a safe work environment
- Conducting tab inspections
- Assisting Olti/Farid with demo development & claims support
- Conducting R&D testing required for consumer complaints
- Working with Packaging to inspect/qualify new packaging
- Supporting product development with raw material assessments (attrition testing)
- Setting up stability testing (filling jugs, sealing doybags, etc.) and placing into appropriate chambers
- Carrying out tests on tabs, powder, booster, rinse-aid
- Tabs: weight, hardness, friability, solubility, active oxygen, pH, P & M values
- Powder: total/free moisture, sieve analysis, bulk density, active oxygen, pH, P & M values
- Booster: sieve analysis, bulk density, flowability, weight loss
- Rinse-aid: pH, cloud point, refractive index
- Maintaining instruments used for stability testing
- Preparing 10% KI solutions for active oxygen testing
- Disposing of sulfuric acid titrant waste
- Maintaining an accurate ELN to ensure reproducibility of experiments and a log of data
- Managing time to complete tasks efficiently and prioritizing work load
- Troubleshooting any other problems, tasks, projects as needed
- Possess a good technical background in Chemistry or equivalent of education and experience.
- Self motivated
- Strong documentation experience
- Stability testing
- Ability to interpret data
- CPG and Aerosol experience is preferred
- Basic knowledge of laboratory safety.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel. Etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.